TAG Heuer Carrera Calibre 16 Indy 500 Special Edition
Known as one of the oldest automobile races and part of the famous “Triple Crown”, the Indy 500 is a 500-mile race held at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway in the US. The thrilling event is attended by 300,000 spectators every year, making it the most-attended full-day sports event in the world. The race track is known as “The Brickyard” because it was paved with 3.2 million bricks in 1909. This detail has made its way onto the case-back of the two special edition timepieces. Engraved on the stainless steel case-backs of the Carrera and Formula 1 models is the iconic Indy 500 logo, including the date of this year’s race and a brick pattern in the background.
The new TAG Heuer Carrera - Indy 500 Special Edition is a pure demonstration of the avant-garde watchmaker’s passion for the intensity and excitement of motor racing. Presented on a perforated black calfskin strap with red stitching and lining, the 41mm Carrera wristwatch is clearly linked to the Indy 500 race. The Indy 500 logo is on the sub-dial at 6 o’clock and “Indy 500” is engraved in red on the ceramic bezel. The black dial of this sporty chronograph is complete with white sub-dials, a date window at 3 o’clock and “Carrera” and “Calibre 16” printed in white, indicating the mechanical movement inside. Subtle touches of bold red are found on the edge of the counter from 12 o’clock to 3 o’clock and the chronograph seconds hand, as well as the pusher. This timepiece comes in special packaging.
- 41mm stainless steel polished case
- Black ceramic polished tachymeter fixed bezel
- Sapphire crystal with double anti-reflective treatment
- Water resistant to 100m.
- Steel case back with special ‘Indy 500’ engraving
- Black opaline dial with contrasting white chronograph counters
- Perforated black calfskin leather strap with red stitching and lining, finished with stainless steel folding clasp
- Rhodium-plated indexes, hour and minute hands with white SuperLuminova® and a red lacquered central hand
- Automatic Calibre 16 movement
- Two-year international warranty