TAG Heuer Formula 1 Indy 500 Special Edition
The first Indy 500 timepiece that the Swiss watchmaker launched outside of the US, the TAG Heuer Formula 1 – Indy 500 Special Edition is a spirited 43mm chronograph with a clear connection to the historic race. “Indy 500” and the TAG Heuer shield stand out in red on the black aluminium bezel. Continuing with the eye-catching red accents, the “60” of the minute-scale enhances the black dial with its sporty red lacquer. The chronograph seconds hand is also red, as are the hands on the white sub-dials and the numbers on the inner counter. The Indy 500 logo is prominently placed on the sub-dial at 6 o’clock. The TAG Heuer Formula 1 – Indy 500 Special Edition is presented in special packaging.
Known as one of the oldest automobile races and part of the famous “Triple Crown”, the Indy 500 is a 500-mile race held at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway in the US. The thrilling event is attended by 300,000 spectators every year, making it the most-attended full-day sports event in the world. The race track is known as “The Brickyard” because it was paved with 3.2 million bricks in 1909. This detail has made its way onto the case-back of the two special edition timepieces. Engraved on the stainless steel case-backs of the Carrera and Formula 1 models is the iconic Indy 500 logo, including the date of this year’s race and a brick pattern in the background.
- 43mm fine-brushed and polished stainless steel case
- Water resistant to 200m.
- Screwed-in polished steel crown
- Sapphire crystal
- Fine-brushed steel case back with Indy 500 special decoration
- Stainless steel bracelet and folding clasp with diving extension
- Black dial with silver chronograph counters for minute, hour and seconds
- Rhodium-plated indexes, hour and minute hands with white SuperLuminova® and a red lacquered central hand
- Black aluminium polished tachymeter fixed bezel
- Swiss-made quartz movement
- Fast date correction
- Stop-second function
- Two-year international warranty