Beards are looking for a talented and experienced Diamond Setter for immediate start.
Flexible hours dependent on circumstances, initially 2-3 days a week.
Based in our workshops above our prestigious flagship Cheltenham store, you will be working alongside our small but extremely talented team comprising of an experienced Goldsmith, Apprentice and CAD Designer.
We are looking for a dynamic and hard-working individual with great communication skills, organisational skills and the ability to complete work to the standards of our affluent clients.
The ideal candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Expert in stone setting and working with fine jewellery.
- Exceptional eye for detail.
- Ability to work with all precious gemstones of any shape or size to an exceptional standard.
- The ability to re-tip and re-build claws and the ability to re-set replacement stones.
- Excellent finishing, communication and organisational skills.
- Dynamic with the ability to turnaround web orders at short notice.
- Strong team attitude.
- Passionate about jewellery.
- Ability to prioritise work and use initiative.
- English speaking.
- Legally able to work in the UK – Visa, Permit or UK Resident.
- Honest and trustworthy.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
Salary dependent on experience including a company pension scheme.
Interviews will be conducted with a tour of the Cheltenham workshops and a bench test.
Founded in 1804, Beards is one of the oldest family-run jewellers in Britain. With a cornerstone location on Cheltenham's Promenade, Beards is synonymous with quality, expertise and service. With an on-site jewellery workshop and watch-repair studio, we offer a full after-sales service, as well as brands from Omega to Georg Jensen. Recently opened in 2017, Beards are now also located in The Royal Arcade, Bond Street, London.
How to apply
Please email a copy of your CV and a cover letter outlining your experience, circumstances, salary expectations and the number of days/hours you are looking for.
No suitable vacancy? We are always interested in hearing from talented individuals so please send us your CV by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org