TERMS & CONDITIONS
Terms of Sale
To purchase from us
To purchase from us you must be over 18 years old. For online purchases, next working day delivery is available to the UK only. You can order from outside of the UK but delivery times will vary. We aim for international delivery within 2-4 working days. If you are not resident in the UK, items must be delivered to your billing address. If you request your item to be delivered to an address different to your billing address we reserve the right to hold your item whilst we run additional checks and/or refund your item. All prices on our website are in £ GBP and payment is only accepted in £ GBP.
Orders below £100 and delivering to UK cost £4 postage. Orders over £100 and delivering to UK are free delivery.
International orders vary in postage cost depending on location and value. The cost is calculated for you at the payment stage.
For products showing "In stock, next day delivery", this applies to UK deliveries. Orders must be placed by 3pm GMT to qualify. International deliveries take an additional 2-4 days. All stated delivery times are subject to unforeseen delays such as courier delays, stock errors etc. Some products may be altered to suit your requirements (such as the sizing of a ring) or have a longer than usual lead time due to limited availability. We will always try to inform you of the expected delivery period if outside of our standard next working day UK delivery and 2-4 working day international delivery time.
Some products will show a specific delivery time next to them. This delivery time is estimated for UK delivery. International delivery will take an additional 2-4 days on the specified delivery time. If we are unable to meet the stated delivery times we will contact you and offer you the choice of waiting or cancelling the order
PO Box addresses are not accepted. We are able to deliver to an address differing to the billing address however prior consent may be required and failure to do this will result in a delay in delivery whilst we run extra checks. This can be in excess of 30 days. We are also unable to guarantee UK delivery on Saturdays due to postage restrictions.
Russian orders can only be delivered to a business address.
If we have not delivered the Product(s) within 30 days of our expected (and/or informed) delivery date, or any other date that we have agreed with you then you may be able to cancel the Contract and we will refund any money paid by you.
When receiving the package the condition of the product must be checked prior to signing for it. The courier will wait for you to inspect your item. If the item has been damaged in transit but is signed for unfortunately we are unable to offer returns or refunds.
The prices indicated on our Website at checkout include all taxes, including VAT, which may be payable in respect of the Product(s) and delivery charges. Please note that delivery charges may apply to Orders depending on value and delivery location. We are unable to accept PayPal payments.
All payments must be made at the time of dispatch of the Product(s) to you. Payment for all Product(s) must be by credit or debit card. We accept payment with Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Maestro cards. If we are unable to accept your Order for any reason then we will, at our option, either not debit your credit card or refund any money paid by you in respect of that Order. We will not dispatch the Product(s) until we receive payment in full.
We are unable to accept payments by PayPal.
Prices are liable to change at any time, but changes will not affect Orders which we have already confirmed as described above.
For payment by card, all credit and debit cardholders and bank/building society account holders respectively may be subject to authorisation and authentication. If the issuer of your payment card or our service provider refuses to, or does not for any reason authorise or validate the payment, we will not be liable in these circumstances for any delay or non-delivery in respect of the Product(s) which you have ordered as a result.
By providing the relevant information to us, you specifically authorise us to transmit or to obtain information about you from third parties from time to time, including but not limited to your name, address, telephone number, debit or credit card details or credit reports, to authenticate your identity and delivery address for the Product(s), validate your payment card and obtain authorisations for your payments for Product(s).
We can, on request, allow a split payment for purchases over £500 GBP. This can only be split 50/50 to the full value of the item, to allow you to use two different cards to pay. Payment can only be accepted through our website, www.beards.co.uk. We reserve the right to refuse or cancel this process at our discretion, for example with misuse. These items will be clearly described as a part payment and must be purchased twice to complete the order. The second payment must be made within 24 hours of the first payment, failure to do so may result in instant cancellation of the order and refunds will be arranged for instantly after, and refunded to your original payment card within 30 working days. The details on the product page relating to Part Payments form part of our Terms and Conditions. By using the process of a Part Payment you agree to the terms as described on the item page as well as the usual Terms and Conditions applied site-wide.
o% APR finance is available on all our products over a loan amount of £250 GBP. The maximum loan amount is £12000 GBP.
Deposits are taken by credit/debit card after processing the finance forms, on the Pay4Later website.
Deposit amounts available are:
The length of the loan period is available in
- 6 Months
- 9 Months
- 12 Months
- 18 Months
- 24 Months
- 36 Month periods
A product selling for £260 GBP is not eligible for finance as with a 10% deposit the loan amount would be £234. This cost is below our accepted terms. An item of £24000 GBP can be purchased with finance with a 50% deposit, making the loan amount £12000 GBP.
Selecting a product outside of our accepted finance amount will only show the available deposit options (if any)
To qualify for finance you must be:
- 18 years of age or older
- In permanent paid employment (over 16 hours a week), retired and receiving a pension, a house person with a partner in permanent paid employment or be self employed
- A UK resident (minimum of 12 months)
- Able to make payments by direct debit
Finance is provided by our partner, Pay4Later. Accepting finance through our website is also acceptance of Pay4Later's terms and conditions of sale.
Finance cannot be used in conjunction with any offers, promotions or reduced prices we have available
We reserve the right to cancel any application within 7 days of approval and order confirmation, at our discretion (for example for potential security risks).
Items purchased with interest free credit must be delivered to your billing address. You are still able to elect an address differing to your billing address however we recommend you contact us first if you plan to do this. We reserve the right to delay your delivery should we need to run additional security checks.
Our standard terms and conditions also apply for finance purchases.
Damaged or defective products
Damaged or defective products carry the following terms:
- Subject to any specific warranties we offer in relation to particular products, or those which are implied by law, we do not offer any warranty or guarantee on our products.
- You should inspect the Product(s) when you receive them for defects or damage. If you find any defect or damage you must notify us in writing to our address or email address, within 2 days from the date of delivery or attempted delivery. You must then return the products to us within 7 days from the date of delivery or attempted delivery, either by post or in person to either of our showrooms. If the Product(s) are found to be damaged prior to delivery to you, or defective (through no fault of your own wearing or use), we will repair or replace the Product(s) or refund the price paid by you, including any delivery charges you paid, provided that you have not worn or used and damaged the Product(s). If you would prefer repair or replacement of the Product(s) please contact us and we will replace the item at no extra charge to you where this is reasonably practicable. In addition we will either refund the cost of the return of the item to us by you or send you a prepaid parcel which you can use to return the damaged or defective item to us. We hold no liability for any costs incurred by you for any losses or expenses such as (but not limited to) the following:
- Travelling expenses
- Loss of earnings
- Loss of profit
- Interest charges
- These Terms of Sale do not exclude our liability (if any) to you for:
- Personal injury or death resulting from our negligence
- Any matter which it would be illegal for us to exclude or to attempt to exclude our liability.
- Subject to paragraph (iii) above, we are only liable to you for losses which you suffer as a result of a breach of these Terms of Sale by us. Our liability for losses you suffer as a result of us breaching these Terms of Sale is strictly limited to the purchase price of the Product you purchased and any losses which are a foreseeable consequence of us breaching these Terms of Sale. Losses are foreseeable where they could be contemplated by you and us at the time your Order is accepted by us.
- Subject to paragraph (iii) above and as partially described in paragraph (ii) above, we are not responsible for indirect losses which happen as a side effect of the main loss or damage and which are not foreseeable by you and us, including but not limited to:
- Loss of income or revenue
- Loss of business
- Loss of profits or contracts
- Loss of anticipated savings
- provided that this shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property in accordance with your statutory rights or paragraph (iv) or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the above categories of loss of this paragraph (v).
- Subject to paragraph (iii) above, we are not responsible for any delay in, or failure of, performance of our obligations under these Terms of Sale arising from any cause beyond our reasonable control including any of the following: act of God, governmental act, war, fire, flood, explosion or civil commotion, failure in information technology or telecommunications services, failure of a third party (including failure to supply data) and industrial action.
Please note that nothing contained in these Terms of Sale in any way affects your statutory rights.
Order Cancellation and Refunds
If you are a consumer (i.e. you are not purchasing either wholly or in part for your business or you are not a business) you have the right, in addition to your other rights, to cancel the Contract (other than for personalised or other products which we specify as non-returnable, including earrings and ear accessories) and receive a refund from us. You must inform us in writing at 70 Promenade, Cheltenham, GL50 1NA or by email at email@example.com if you wish to cancel within seven working days, starting on the day the Product(s) are delivered to you.
Sale items (showing on our website at reduced prices) are non-returnable
If you choose to cancel then you must return the Product(s) to us at your cost and risk and we advise you to ensure the Product(s) are adequately insured during the return journey, or you may take the Product to our Cheltenham showroom after informing us in writing that you intend to do so. Returns by post must be to our Cheltenham showroom within twelve calendar days, starting on the day the Product(s) are delivered to you. Internationally delivered sales must be returned within 14 calendar days.
In addition to your right to cancel above, Products are accepted for exchange if returned to our Cheltenham retail location, in a saleable and as new condition within 14 days of delivery, accompanied by your delivery note. Such return is at your cost and risk and we advise you to ensure the Product(s) are adequately insured during the return journey. You must ensure that you take reasonable care of the Product(s).
Where you paid for Products by payment card, refunds will be made by re-crediting your payment card account from which the money was originally debited.
All refunds will be made within 30 working days either:
- (where Products have not been delivered to you at the delivery address you have requested within 30 days of your Order) of our confirmation by email to you that your Order has been cancelled; or
- (where Products have been delivered to you) of our receipt of the Products you have returned to us.
Other aspects you should note are
We may not necessarily keep a copy of these Terms of Sale and your Order. We advise you to print a copy of them for your information in the future.
The Contract and all communications between us will be conducted in the English language.
The formation, existence, construction, performance, validity and all aspects whatsoever of these Terms of Sale or of any term of these Terms of Sale will be governed by the law of England and Wales.
The English and Welsh courts will have non-exclusive jurisdiction to settle any disputes which may arise out of or in connection with these Terms of Sale or use of the Website.
However you should note that this does not prevent residents of Northern Ireland or Scotland from starting proceedings in their own local courts.
If any provision of these Terms of Sale is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court, it will be deleted from the rest of these Terms of Sale which shall remain unaffected.
No delay or failure by us to exercise any powers, rights or remedies under these Terms of Sale will operate as a waiver of them, nor will any single or partial exercise of any such powers, rights or remedies prevent any other or further exercise of them.
Out of stock products showing "check availability" are subject to price changes at any time.
Products are always priced as accurately as possible however in extreme cases of incorrect pricing we reserve the right to cancel the order. Products already showing a reduced price are not eligible for other offers or promotions we may be running and cannot be used in conjunction with other offers. We reserve the right to cancel any reductions in price or promotions without notice. Payments/orders processed with multiple offers will be cancelled and refunded immediately.
A person who is not a party to a contract governing the Terms of Sale between you and us is not entitled to enforce any of its terms under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 except where these Terms of Sale expressly provide for such rights.